According to Wikipedia, An automotive technician is a mechanic responsible for diagnosing faults in cars and automobiles and requiring them to function up to their best minimal standards. The right tools, not just for an automotive technician but for every person in any industry, play a crucial role in completing the role or duty assigned. Having to deal with cars and automobiles, it is evident that an auto mechanic would need to specialize in the use of advanced and complex tools and machines to repair automobiles.
HOW MUCH DOES AN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN MAKE?
The automotive industry is experiencing an automotive shortage, which could mean a great deal for your career advancement in the field. According to indeed.com, The average salary of an Automotive Technician is $20.63 per hour in the United States, which is freaking good! According to axleaddict.com, on average, an automotive technician made an annual salary between $23,000–$61,000.
COMPLETE TOOL LIST FOR AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS
The difference between a sound technician and a great one is often their ability to know what tools to use and when to use them.
Some advanced tools and devices help an automotive technician perform all the wide range of functions that he/she is assigned. Let’s have a look:
- Core hand tools include ratchets, wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, and pliers.
- Power tools allow technicians to complete the repair process quickly.
- Torque measurements are used to tighten the fasteners.
- Diagnostic tools and equipment help you point out the fault in the machine and allow you to specify the solution as well.
- Tool storage cart keeps your tools secure and allows you to find a tool when needed quickly.
Required Tools List:
Socket Set – 1/4″ Drive
• 1/4″ – 1/2″ Standard Depth (6 Point)
• 6mm – 12mm Shallow (6 Point)
• Extension – 3″, 6″
• Flex/Universal Joint
Socket Set – 1/2″ Drive
• 7/16″ – 1 1/8″ Standard Depth (6 Point)
• 10mm – 25mm Standard Depth (6 Point)
• Breaker Bar
• Extension 3″,6″, 12″
Socket Set – 3/8″ Drive
• 5/16″ – 3/4″ Standard Depth (6 Point)
• 3/8″ – 3/4″ Deep (6 Point)
• Extension – 3″,6″,12″,18″
• Metric Universal Impact Socket Set 9mm – 19mm
• 1/4″ – 1″ Standard
• 7mm – 24mm Metric
Hex (Allen) Wrenches
• 050″ – 3/8″ Fractional
• 2 mm – 7mm Metric
• 3/8″ – 3/4″
• 10mm – 18mm
• Blade Type
• 1/4″ x 6″
• 1/4″ x 9″
• 3/8″ x 9″
• #1 Tip
• #2 Tip
• #3 Tip
• 16oz Ball Peen
• 16oz Soft Face Dead Blow
• Rolling Head 16″
• Straight 16″
Punch and Chisel Set
• Center Punch
• Taper Punch 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″
• Brass Punch – 3/4″
• Cold Chisel – 3/8″ – 3/4″
Brake Service Tools
• Brake Spring Pliers
• Hold Down Tool
• 12-volt test light or LED circuit Tester
• Remote Starter Switch
• Digital multimeter
• Safety Glasses
• Hearing Protectors (ear muff type)
Other Small Tools
• Flash Light
• Pocket Knife
• A/C, fuel line disconnect set
• Inspection Mirror
• Feeler Gauge (Blade type)
• Hack Saw
• Tubing Cutter
• Gasket/Carbon Scraper (putty knife)
Torx Bits Tamper Proof (Screwdriver or Sockets)
T-8, T-10, T-20, T-25, T-27, T-30, T-40, T-50, T-55
Snap/Retaining Ring Pliers
• Internal Retaining Ring Pliers
• Snap Ring Pliers (Snap-On SRP2 style)
• Slip Joint 6″
• Needle Nose 6″
• Channel Locks 12″ (water pump)
• Vise Grip Pliers 10″ (10WR)
AUTOMOTIVE TRAINING PROGRAMS IN PHILADELPHIA
Philadelphia Technician Training Institute provides you with world-class automotive technician training. Its courses are one of the best automotive technician courses in Philadelphia. The automotive training program includes hands-on, practical, theoretical, and visual reality training. Philadelphia Technician Training Institute’s automotive technician program is designed to train students in automotive repair for cars and trucks. Their automotive training course helps students carry out world-class quality auto repairs and secure exceptional employment in the automotive repair field.
The course duration is 26 weeks and provides
Automotive technician certification, PA State & Emission License, Mentoring, and instruction in Resume writing
$2,500 Tools & Large Tool Cart, Customer Service Training, Full-time staff recruiters, Interviewing and Job hunting skills.
Having taken a look at the complete list of tools for an automotive technician, make sure to include all of them in your professional life if you are into the automotive career. Wise usage could mean more incredible benefits.